- An Industrial PhD student is employed in the private sector company and enrolled at the university.
- The private sector company applies for funding for the project from Innovation Fund Denmark, and the student is employed by the company and receives a salary during the entire Industrial PhD project.
- The student shares her/his working time between the company and the university, and spends all the work time on the Industrial PhD project.
What do you get out of an Industrial PhD project?
- The project allows the Industrial PhD to carry out a research project where results are applied in an enterprise setting.
- The company gets a candidate able to carry out a high quality research project and create results that can lead to commercial gain. At the same time, the company strengthens its relations to existing and new collaboration partners at the university.
- The public sector research institution strengthens its relations to the business sector, and a foundation for new research is created.
- 30.01.2017: DKK 10 mill. in 2017 for Industrial Researcher projects within bioresources
Find the special Industrial Researcher call here
- 20.01.2017: Updated guidelines
Guidelines for Industrial PhD have been updated. Read them here
- 21.12.2016: In 2017 DKK 10 mill. are allocated to public sector Industrial PhD projects
The application deadline is 12 noon on 9 October 2017. Further details on guidelines and criteria will be announced in the start of 2017.
- No more business courses at the moment
Until now it has been mandatory for all Industrial PhD students to participate in a business course. However, no more courses are held at the moment, and students who are yet to participate are thus exempted from participating. The course’s 7.5 ECTS-points can be used on another project relevant course.
This application is part of
- Guidelines and special calls for Industrial PhD
- FAQ - potential applicants
- FAQ - ongoing projects
- How to apply
- FAQ - calculation of grade point average
- 20 March 2017 at 12 noon (reg. Industrial PhD) - final response end of May
- 25 September 2017 at 12 noon (reg. Industrial PhD) - final response end of November
- 9 October 2017 at 12 noon (public sector Industrial PhD) - final response mid December
Newsletter - Receive the latest news on Industrial Postdoc and PhD. Sign up at: email@example.com
LinkedIn - for potential, current and former parties. Sign up for the Industrial Researcher LinkedIn group.
Tel. +45 6190 5002 9-12 AM on weekdays