- An Industrial PhD student is employed in the private sector company and enrolled at the university.
- The private sector company applies for funding for the project from Innovation Fund Denmark, and the student is employed by the company and receives a salary during the entire Industrial PhD project.
- The student shares her/his working time between the company and the university, and spends all the work time on the Industrial PhD project.
What do you get out of an Industrial PhD project?
- The project allows the Industrial PhD to carry out a research project where results are applied in an enterprise setting.
- The company gets a candidate able to carry out a high quality research project and create results that can lead to commercial gain. At the same time, the company strengthens its relations to existing and new collaboration partners at the university.
- The public sector research institution strengthens its relations to the business sector, and a foundation for new research is created.
Deadline established for public sector Industrial PhD applications
The application deadline for public sector Industrial PhD is 10th October 2016 at 12 noon with final response no later than 2nd December.
The funds for Greenlandic and Faroese companies for 2015 and 2016 have been allocated
Normally, the Industrial PhD programme is only open to applications from Danish companies. However, in the national budget for 2015-2017 DKK 1.7 mill. is allocated annually for qualified applications from Greenlandic or Faroese companies. The funds for 2015 and 2016 have already been used. Information on the 2017 budget will follow.
No more business courses at the moment
Until now it has been mandatory for all Industrial PhD students to participate in a business course. However, no more courses are held at the moment, and students who are yet to participate are thus exempted from participating. The course’s 7.5 ECTS-points can be used on another project relevant course.
This application is part of
- 10th of Oct. 2016 12 noon (public sector Industrial PhD) - final response beginning of December
20th of March 2017 12:00 noon (Reg. Industrial PhD) - final response end of May
25th of Sep. 2017 kl. 12:00 noon (Reg. Industrial PhD) - final response end of November
Know more about
Newsletter - Receive the lates news on Industrial Postdoc and PhD. Sign up at: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn - for potential, current and former parties. Sign up for the Industrial Researcher LinkedIn group.
Telephone hours: 9 - 12, tel. 6190 5002