WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 24
09:30 - 18:00
University of Copenhagen
Come and meet the leading scientists in microbiome research.
Learn about the newest concepts, developments and future challenges. No fees apply, you only need to register.
The scope of this symposium includes:
- Characterisation of host-microbiome interactions using advanced micro-physiological systems such as 3D cultures and organs-on-chip
- Culture methods of unculturable microbes
- Analysis of microbial communities by meta'omics
- Comparison between host genetics and microbiome compositions
- Microbiome-metabolome analyses
- Insights into probiotics & health
- Bacteriophage therapy
- 09:30-9:40: Welcome note
- 09:40-10:20: Jason Spence, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor - "Interrogating unique epithelial responses to diverse bacteria in human intestinal organoids"
- 10:20-11:00: Joanna Baginska, University of Luxembourg - "ImmunoHuMiX, an organ-on-chip model to study microbiome-immune system interactions"
- 11:00-11:20: Coffee break
- 11:20-12:00: Pamela Schnupf, Institut Imagine/ Institut Necker, Paris - "Culturing unculturable bacteria through niche mimicry: the example of SFB"
- 12:00-12:40: Adam Baker, Chr. Hansen A/S, Copenhagen - "Developing next generation microbe products in the microbiome era"
- 12:40-13:20: Lunch
- 13:20-14:00: Jillian Waters, Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Tübingen - "Influence of heritable gut microbiota on host phenotype"
- 14:00-14:40: Nicola Segata, University of Trento - "Uncovering the hidden and strain-level diversity of the human microbiome with large scale shotgun metagenomics"
- 14:40-15:00: Coffee
- 15:00-15:40: Mzia Kutateladze, G. Eliava Institute for Bacteriophages, Microbiology and Virology, Tbilisi - "Eliava Institute's experience in phage study and application"
- 15:40-16:20: Denise Kelly, Seventure Partners, Aberdeen - "Microbiome Futures - an investment perspective"
- 16:20-16:30: Closing remarks
- 16:30-18:00: Reception and networking
Location: University of Copenhagen, Festsalen, Frue Plads 4, 1165 Copenhagen K