JPND Call: Health and Social Care for Neurodegenerative Diseases
The EU Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is inviting proposals from multi-national research teams to increase understanding of the factors that contribute to the quality and delivery of health and social care for neurodegenerative diseases.
The aim of the call is to establish a number of ambitious, innovative, multi-national and multi-disciplinary collaborative research projects that address health and social care delivery at the macro level (system and infrastructures) as well as (at) the individual level of patients, their careers and families. Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of formal and informal care approaches and existing infrastructures is a prelude to implementing improved, evidence-based approaches and thereby improving the quality of life for those affected by neurodegenerative diseases and the quality of care.
Proposals submitted under this call must relate to any or several of the following neurodegenerative diseases: Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, Parkinson’s disease and related disorders, prion diseases, motor neuron diseases, Huntington’s disease, spinocerebellar ataxia and spinal muscular atrophy. JPND is committed to Patient and Public Involvement, and proposals are expected to engage patients, carers and the public. Research projects may include, but are not limited to, one or several of the following areas:
- Care pathways and programmes using the potential of patient involvement
- Factors influencing progression and prognosis of disease
- Outcome measures for patients and their informal carers
- Palliative care for patients
- Cost-effectiveness and affordability of interventions including ethical concerns
In the application it must be described in which step of the research process patient or relatives will be, or already are, involved and which roles they would play. If possible, patient representatives should be consulted from each of the countries that participate in the consortium. If a PPI approach is not fitted, this must be justified.
Denne søgemulighed hører under
- The call is launched January 2018 with a submission deadline for preproposals on March 6th 2018.
- It is expected, that consortia invited for the full-proposal stage, will need to submit their proposal on June 27th 2018.
- Read more details on jpnd.eu
Peter Aadal Nielsen
Tlf.: 6190 5064
Tlf.: 6011 3015