- An Industrial PhD student is employed in the private sector company and enrolled at the university.
- The private sector company applies for funding for the project from Innovation Fund Denmark, and the student is employed by the company and receives a salary during the entire Industrial PhD project.
- The student shares her/his working time between the company and the university, and spends all the work time on the Industrial PhD project.
What do you get out of an Industrial PhD project?
- The project allows the Industrial PhD to carry out a research project where results are applied in an enterprise setting.
- The company gets a candidate able to carry out a high quality research project and create results that can lead to commercial gain. At the same time, the company strengthens its relations to existing and new collaboration partners at the university.
- The public sector research institution strengthens its relations to the business sector, and a foundation for new research is created.
- 06.07.2018: Updated Guidelines for Industrial PhD
Updated Guidelines for Industrial PhD mean, among other things, that the university subsidy for projects within the humanities and social sciences is now DKK 360,000 as in other research areas.
Find the guidelines here
- 20.12.2017: DKK 2.2 mill. in 2018 for Industrial PhD projects in the dementia field
Read more here
- 20.12.2017: DKK 15 mill. in 2018 for Industrial Researcher projects within bioresources
Read more here
- 28.09.2017: New course for Industrial PhD students
Innovation Fund Denmark is holding a new course for all Industrial PhD students approved after 25 September 2017. The course is run by CBS. Read more here
This application is part of
Guidelines and advice
- Guidelines and special calls for Industrial PhD
- FAQ - potential applicants
- FAQ - ongoing projects
- How to apply
- FAQ - calculation of grade point average
- Templates for financial reports
- Tuesday 25 September at 12 noon (reg. Industrial PhD)
- Tuesday 9 October at 12 noon (public sector Industrial PhD projects)
Regular Industrial PhD
- Tuesday 8 January at 12 noon
- Tuesday 30 April at 12 noon
- Tuesday 24 September at 12 noon
Public sector Industrial PhD projects
- Tuesday 8 October at 12 noon
Newsletter - Receive the latest news on Industrial Postdoc and PhD. Sign up at: email@example.com
LinkedIn - for potential, current and former parties. Sign up for the Industrial Researcher LinkedIn group.
Tel. +45 6190 5002 9-12 AM on weekdays