You May Apply for an Extension of Your Industrial Researcher Project Due to the COVID-19 Crisis
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, many Industrial Researcher projects have experienced difficulties. This includes e.g. doing fieldwork, laboratory testing etc. In order to meet the challenges facing many Industrial Researchers and companies, Innovation Fund Denmark would like to give the Industrial PhD and Industrial Postdoc project partners the opportunity to apply for up to a three-month extension and thus extra payroll funds for the Industrial PhD student’s wages as well as additional funds for the university’s project costs.
You can apply for an extension of your Industrial PhD project if:
- You have not exceeded the end date of the project.
- You can render probable the need for an extension due to the COVID-19 crisis and, at the same time, explain what you have done to avoid this situation.
- The university can submit a statement declaring that the Industrial PhD student is enrolled at the university up to and including the end date of the desired extension (does only apply for Industrial PhD students).
- You do not receive any other state support funding the Industrial Researcher’s wages. If the company receives wage compensation from another public authority, you must instead apply for leave from the project. Innovation Fund Denmark funds cannot be used during the leave.
Please note that failure to comply with the formal requirements may cause the application to be rejected without active consideration.
- You can apply for up to three months’ extension.
- An extension will extend the project end date.
- You cannot apply for an extension retroactively.
- If you are granted an extension, the company will receive funding corresponding to the monthly salary and the university will receive financial support corresponding to the monthly support evident from the original letter of approval.
- The extra funding will be paid out to the company and the university as soon as it has been approved by Innovation Fund Denmark.
- The general terms and conditions outlined in the original letter of approval will apply during the extension.
- The funding is state funding and will be administered in accordance with section 25 of the European Commission’s general Block Exemption Regulation (no. 651/2014). This means that no more than 50 per cent of the company’s total expenses (‘eligible expenses’) in connection with the Industrial PhD and Industrial Postdoc project can be funded by the state.
- It has been rendered probable, on the basis of an overall assessment, that there is a need for an extension as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
You apply for an extension by submitting a change request in your existing grant case in e-grant no later than 30 September 2020. Applications are processed on an ongoing basis. You must attach an application form. Download it here