Innovation Fund Denmark (IFD) focuses on results and solutions creating value for society. With Grand Solutions, IFD wishes to facilitate cross-investments in knowledge institutions and companies – private as well as public. The investments should address tangible challenges and innovation needs of society and companies.
Grand Solutions, second round of calls, 2018:
Investment opportunities for the late summer calls are allocated to the following open and two thematic areas: (LINKS)
- Open call – approx. DKK 100 mill.
- New Technological Opportunities (II) – approx. DKK 70 mill.
- Future Society – approx. DKK 30 mill.
IFD focusses on research and innovation projects that by using strategic and challenge-driven research create value for society by contributing to solve important societal challenges and/or create growth in new and/or existing innovative companies.
Applications for Grand Solutions are assessed on the basis of three main criteria:
- Quality of research and innovation
- Value creation
- Efficiency and implementation
The process 2018
- The Grand Solutions application process is single-phased and applicants can expect a decision within approximately 100 days from application deadline.
- There are two application rounds. Application deadline for the first round is February 20, 2018 and the second round in August (the date will be announced on the IFD website).
- Guidelines for Grand Solutions
- Amendment to Guidelines for Grand Solutions 2018
- General terms and conditions
- Example: The application
- Example: The budget
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Societal readiness levels
- Technology readiness levels
- Peer assessment guidelines for Grand Solutions 2018
- Peer FAQ 2018
- Guidelines e-grant
- Login to e-grant
- The allocation of funds is based on the Act on Innovation Fund Denmark, the National Budget 2018, the 2018 Agreement on Allocation of the Research Reserve, FORSK2025, including the listed pointers for the allocation in FORSK2025 and Innovation Fund Denmark’s thematic investment strategies.
Applicants are advised to carefully study the call texts, guidelines and guides in the application form. See ”Guidelines for Grand Solutions 2018” for in-depth details of the assessment criteria.
Questions for specific calls
Contact information can be found on the page of the calls.
General questions regarding Grand Solutions
Peter Aadal Nielsen
Phone: 6190 5064
Main phone number to Innovation Fund Denmark: 61 90 50 00