Indo-Danish research and innovation cooperation in the areas of water and renewable energy
Innovation Fund Denmark (IFD), Department of Science and Technology (DST), and Department of Biotechnology (DBT) have decided to launch a call for joint projects with a view to further develop and strengthen the Danish-Indian research cooperation in the areas of water and renewable energy.
Prioritised research and innovation areas
- Water: Solutions to global water challenges within all fields of water. Fx water usage, treatment, control, and management of water and wastewater for different purposes like agriculture, industry, portable etc.
- Energy: Development and integration of renewable energy based solutions and energy efficiency in electricity and heating systems
The successful projects will be funded in Denmark by IFD and in India by either DST or DBT depending on the topic. The joint projects must meet the criteria of the funding agencies. 4-6 projects may be funded and the projects are funded for a maximum of three years.
The IFD budget for this call is approx. € 2 million (15 million DKK) and depending on the quality of applications the funds will be equally distributed between water and energy. Similar budget size is available in India by DST and DBT. Significant co-financing as well as the participation of relevant public partners and/or private enterprises other than the main applicants is expected.
This application is part of
- This call is managed jointly by the DST, DBT and IFD
- The proposal, in English, must be submitted to both DBT/DST and IFD no later than 12:00 pm 14th August 2018.
- Danish partners must submit the proposal here
- Indian partners must submit the proposal at different places. Water proposals must be submitted here, and Energy poposals must be submitted here.
- Please note that e-grant is closed down due to maitenance between 9 july and 1 august
Information and guidelines
- Indo-Danish Call 2018
- General terms and conditions for international projects 2018
- Guidelines Grand Solutions
- FAQ Bilateral collaborations
- Innovation Fund Denmark investment strategies
- Guidelines for e-grant
- Societal readiness levels
- Technology readiness levels
- Example: The application
- Example: The budget
- Appendix A, Figures, pictures and tables
- Appendix B, Partner motivation
- Appendix C, Key Persons
- Appendix D, Joint application / project description
Innovation Fund Denmark
(During 16th July – 4th August)
Tel: +45 61905034
Anitha K. Sharma
Tel: +45 61905048
Senior Programme Officer
Klaus R. Jacobsen
Tel: +45 61905041
TEL: +45 6190 5034
Senior Programme Officer
Jens Peter Vittrup,
TEL: +45 6190 5023
Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Shri Rajiv Kumar
Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology of India (DBT)
Dr. Shailja V. Gupta
TEL.: 91 11 24363748
Dr. Vaishali Panjabi